As an Eco Lodge, we feel that community based tourism is essential in order to ensure that our local friends benefit from our existence. We have also found that the majority of our guests have had some fantastic experiences simply spending days with the locals in the surrounding villages.
We now a number of local community based activities for our visitors enjoyment, which, at the same time, is helping many local people earn a few dollars and enabling them to provide for their families.
The activities which we offer will give you a true taste of life in Dominica, as seen by a Dominican, and will be an experience which we are sure you will never forget, giving you not only an insight into true village life, but almost certainly helping you to make friends with and give some help to some of the gentlest and friendliest people around.
You may choose from the following activities :
- ½ day learn to make traditional BAMBOO & COCONUT CRAFTS every Tuesday
- ½ day touring local natural agro processing plant, making breadnut and plantaine chips.
- ½ day on a dasheen & root vegetable farm, learning traditional farming methods and how to make & taste one of Dominica’s national dishes : Calalou Soup.
- ½ day in the local village primary school : getting to know the kids, and sharing experiences with them and learning the local history.
- Evening of culture – learn traditional dancing and how to play Dominican Jinnping music
- Band practise with our local Reggae and Calypso stars : The Blazing Squad.
- ½ day helping with local trail development.